It is equally as important to have a properly prepped canvas as it is to have an amazing artist. Your face is the canvas and we want the best results possible for you. So to help prepare our clients for their appointment, we've compiled the information below. We know it sounds like a lot, but proper care before your procedure is crucial to optimum pigment retention.
- No peels/lasers around the procedure area within 6 weeks of your appointment.
- No Botox within 6 weeks of your appointment.
- Having sunburned or very tanned skin will significantly reduce your pigment retention rate. Please stay out of the direct sun for 4 weeks prior to your appointment for optimal results.
- We do not do permanent makeup on women who are pregnant. If you find out you are, please call and we will refund your deposit until you can reschedule.
- If you have a heart condition or prosthetics and take antibiotics before any invasive procedure, please take antibiotics prior to having permanent makeup done.
- If you are undergoing radiation or chemotherapy, please consult with your physician for approval.
- If you have any medical issue/concern, please consult with your physician to confirm permanent makeup is right for you.
- To reduce swelling and bruising you can try homeopathic remedies like eating fresh pineapple and/or taking arnica montana.
- If you smoke, are diabetic or have an auto-immune disorder, be prepared to heal slower.
- It takes approximately 10 days for your procedure to heal and the pigment to settle. During that time stay out of the sun, do not exercise or engage in any activity that causes your face to turn pink and no facials/peels for 2 weeks. Please plan accordingly.
- Do not use Latisse or other eyelash growth products for 6 weeks until your appointment. Resume using after 3 weeks from the procedure date.
Day-Before and Day-of Instructions:
- If you are getting lips done, please call your doctor, let he or she know and ask for a prescription for fever blisters. Follow your doctor’s dosage instructions.
- No alcohol 24 hrs before if you are getting a lip procedure.
- Bring brow/lip makeup so we can color match.
- If you are getting eyeliner done and wear contacts, please bring glasses.
- If you plan on getting local anesthesia (shot) for eyeliner or lip procedures please bring $50-60 cash or check.
- Come with your normal makeup without mascara
- No sweating/exertion the day of your procedure.
- Beginning 2017, please bring the remaining balance for your procedure in either cash, check or money order form.
When You Arrive
Since permanent makeup procedure times can vary from client to client, we always book the maximum amount of time that a client may require; we never want you to feel rushed during your appointment. For this reason, we ask that you arrive on time for your appointment, and anyone more than 15 minutes late may be required to reschedule and be charged a no show fee of $25-50.
The first part of your appointment is the consultation during which we draw brows, eyeliner and/or lips, factoring in your facial anatomy and personal style. Usually this is done on one side of the face so that you can compare to your own makeup. You may then make any suggestions or comments to help us achieve your desired looks. Once the shape is perfected, we will make the opposite side match so that they are as symmetrical as possible. Because your eyelids may crease or droop unevenly, brow hairs grow lower/higher and lips may be smaller or larger on one side versus the other, we spend a great deal of time to balance everything out, mask the flaws and bring out the absolute best in you.